Curriculum and Instruction
“Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.”
—Susan L. Taylor
Marion County School District seeks to provide a challenging educational experience that builds each child’s capacities to become successful in life. We strive for every child to be ready for a Career or College.
Our MISSION is to provide students with educational opportunities that will ensure success by creating a community of empowered, life-long learners. We desire to INSPIRE EXCELLENCE at all levels of our district. Our GOALS are as follows:
- All students proficient and showing growth in all assessed areas
- Every student graduates from high school and is ready for college and career
- Every child has access to a high-quality early childhood program
- Every school has effective teachers and leaders
- Our community will effectively use a world-class data system to improve student outcomes
- Maintain a safe, orderly culture that creates a positive experience for k-12 education
- Operate an effective, efficient, and sound fund balance to ensure resources are distributed equitably, facilities are upgraded and updated, and a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure is maintained.