Curriculum and Instruction
“Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.”
—Susan L. Taylor
Carl Michael Day
Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Marion County School District seeks to provide a challenging educational experience that builds each child’s capacities to become successful in life. We strive for every child to be ready for a Career or College.
Our MISSION is to provide students with educational opportunities that will ensure success by creating a community of empowered, life-long learners. We desire to INSPIRE EXCELLENCE at all levels of our district. Our GOALS are as follows:
- All students proficient and showing growth in all assessed areas
- Every student graduates from high school and is ready for college and career
- Every child has access to a high-quality early childhood program
- Every school has effective teachers and leaders
- Our community will effectively use a world-class data system to improve student outcomes
- Maintain a safe, orderly culture that creates a positive experience for k-12 education
- Operate an effective, efficient, and sound fund balance to ensure resources are distributed equitably, facilities are upgraded and updated, and a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure is maintained.